Clock is an application to set and display the system clock. It also acts as a Calendar, Alarm Clock, and Countdown Timer.
- Change System Clock (within Clock and on the Main Interface)
- View a Calendar of Days
- Set an Alarm for a Specific Time
- Set a Countdown Timer to Ring after a certain amount of time.
Clock is accessed from the "applications" menu in the GCW-Zero main interface, by default it is the upper left icon (blue picture of an analog clock). While the Clock icon is highlighted, press the "A" button on the GCW-Zero to open the application.
- D-Pad - Moves the Cursor Left or Right Up or Down.
- Select - Back up one screen or Exit the Application.
- Start - Select a highlighted option.
- Analog Stick - No Function
- Buttons (A, B, X, Y, L and R) - No Function
At the bottom of the screen are 5 Sections: Cal, Clock, Alarm, Timer, and Setup.
Pressing the D-Pad left or right will move the red highlight between these sections. Pressing the "Start" button while any of the 5 sections are highlighted allows the user access to that section.
- Move the red cursor with the dpad till "CAL" is highlighted in red and press "Start"
- The Month/Year is Highlighted
- Move the DPad Up/Down to scroll through the Month/Year one month at a time.
- Press the "Select" button to return the highlight back to the Sections at the bottom of the Screen.
- Move the red cursor with the dpad till "CLOCK" is highlighted in red.
- An Analog clock displays on the screen with current set time.
- There is no user interaction on this screen.
Note: There is no need to press "Select" to get off of this screen, your cursor remains available on the sections below. Use the DPAD to move left or right to select the next section. Pressing select here will exit the program back to the main GCW-Zero interface.
- Move the red cursor with the dpad till "ALARM" is highlighted in red.
- Press "Start" to begin editing the Alarm settings.
- The hour will highlight in red,
- Use Up/Down on the DPAD to change the Hour or Minute, Use the Left/Right on the DPAD to change between Hour and Minute Editing.
- While either the Hour or Minute are highlighted Press "Select" To set the alarm time and move back to the Section Menu below.
Note: ALARM AFTER shows the Hours and Minutes left until the next alarm sounds.
When an Alarm is sounding you can highlight either the "Sleep" or "Stop" and press "Start".
- Use the Left/Right DPAD to move between "Sleep" and "Stop"
- Hit the "Start" button on the option to either put the alarm to sleep or stop it.
Sleep seems to have no functionality. Why is it here?
IMPORTANT USAGE NOTE: You MUST be IN the Clock Application and in the ALARM section (with either Sleep or Stop highlighted) for the Alarm to sound when the correct time happens. If you are not in the clock application and within the alarm setting (i.e. having hit "start" while the red highlight is on the "ALARM" section) the timer will not sound till the NEXT time you enter the clock application and go to set the alarm.
Countdown Timer (TIMER)
- Move the red cursor with the dpad till "TIMER" is highlighted in red.
- Press "Start" to begin editing the Timer settings.
- The timer represents Minutes and Seconds, so the maximum countdown time you can set is 1 Hour.
- Use Left/Right on the DPAD to highlight the Minutes and Seconds, use the Up/Down on the DPAD to set the Minutes and Seconds for Countdown.
- Use Left/Right on the DPAD to highlight "START" and hit the "Start" button while "START" is highlighted to start the countdown time.
- Use Left/Right on the DPAD to highlight "STOP" to hit the "Start" button while "STOP" is highlighted to stop the countdown time. This PAUSES the countdown timer until START is hit again.
- Press the "Select" button to exit the "TIMER" area and return to navigating the "Clock" program interface.
IMPORTANT USAGE NOTE: You MUST be IN the Clock Application and in the TIMER section (with either Sleep or Stop highlighted) for the Alarm to sound when the countdown reaches 0. If you exit the timer application (via "Select") before the timer sounds you have effectively cancelled the timer. The timer will look paused while still on the TIMER screen, however exiting and returning to clock will show the timer as reset to 3:00 (3 minutes). Returning to the Timer section (by pressing "Start" while "TIMER" Is highlighted) will reset the timer back to 3:00 (3 minutes) - the default value.
Setting the System Clock (SETUP)
- Move the red cursor with the dpad till "SETUP" is highlighted in red.
- Press "Start" to begin editing the System Clock settings.
- The time in the middle of the screen is the "new" system time you are setting.
- The time in the lower left of the screen (between the "Set" button and the Sections at the bottom) is the currently set system Date and Time.
- The red highlight will move to the "Year".
- Use the Left/Right DPAD to move between year, month, day, hour, minute and seconds.
- Use the Up/Down DPAD to change the value of the year, month, day, hour, minute and seconds.
- When done setting the clock, use Left/Right on the DPAD to move the red highlight cursor to "Set"
- Press the "Start" button while "Set" is highlighted to set the system time.
- You should see the time at the bottom left (between the SET "button" and the Sections at the bottom) update with the new set time.
- Moving the cursor over "Reset" And pressing "Start" will reset the middle clock (the clock you are setting) to the time on the default clock in the lower left area (current system time).
Once the system time is set press "Select" to return to the main clock interface.
To exit the "Clock" application, press "Select" when any of the 5 sections at the bottom has the red highlight on it.