The "explorer" program allows you to browse the GCW Filesystem and execute programs or shell scripts.
Explorer is accessed from the "applications" menu in the GCW-Zero main interface, by default it is the lower middle icon (picture of a file folder with a magnifying glass on it). While the Explorer icon is highlighted, press the "A" button on the GCW-Zero to open the application.
This application shares many of the same controls as DinguxCmdr.
- D-Pad Left: Back up a Directory.
- D-Pad Up/Down: Navigate through the files and directories.
- A Button: Select item under the cursor, acts like a "change directory" on directories or a file viewer on files.
- B Button: Back up a level akin to the "Back" button on a browser or the "Esc" key on a keyboard. Navigates one level up the directory tree.
- L Button (Left Shoulder): Moves the Highlight Cursor to the Top of the Column.
- R Button (Right Shoulder): Moves the Highlight Cursor to the Bottom of the Column.
- Select Button: Exits Explorer.
- Start Button: Executes (runs) the item under the cursor.
- D-Pad Right
- X Button
- Y Button
Like DinguxCmdr, this application is used to navigate the filesystem. The difference between the two applications is that DinguxCmdr is used to manipulate the filesystem (move, copy and delete files), while Explorer is used to execute programs.
Use the DPAD to move up and down the single pane filesystem view and the "A" button to navigate into folders or the "B" button to navigate out of folders. When an application is found to execute, press "Start" to run it.
Use "Select" to exit the Application.
Press the "Select" button to exit Explorer and return to the GCW-Zero Interface.